District has an exciting opportunity for a User Experience (UX) Designer to join our cross functional team of experts. We have offices in Melbourne, Canberra and Perth, and this role is a hybrid on site and remote / flexible working.
Your skills will be commensurate with what one would expect of a highly competent UX Designer, and your style will be collaborative, commercially focused, and founded on your thorough understanding of what drives an early stage fast growing SaaS business.
We are looking for an individual who lives and breathes good design, and shares the notion that building a great user experience is an ongoing iterative process.You would be joining an existing tight knit team of talented individuals scattered across most major Australian capital cities.
So, what are we looking for? Let’s keep its simple:
- Someone who loves working with users to help elevate and improve product with real user research
- Can confidently run and execute workshops for requirements gathering and user research activities such as card sorting
- Deep understanding of modern research and design tools, most notably Figma and Optimal Workshop, with an eagerness to explore new tools
- Open to collaboration, receptive to feedback and an interest in mentorship
- Excellent survey writing and workshop facilitation skills
- Research, wireframe, and prototype user centered solutions
- Develop highly detailed wireframes and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Build Information Architecture (IA) that meets the needs of stakeholders and their customers
- A portfolio or examples / case studies of previous work. Experiments welcomed!
What we can offer you:
- A genuine opportunity to lead the delivery of products that promote positive social impact and community engagement. Our engagement platform infinitely improves government’s ability to engage with the community, which means giving a voice to those who would otherwise not be heard. Policies can then be tailored to suit the needs of our community far better, which we believe drives real social change.
- A diverse and inclusive team of experts who you can rely on and trust implicitly to deliver enterprise grade products.
- Mature well established HR support for all members of our team, both employees and contractors. We have well established policies genuinely protecting and promoting diversity, inclusion, mental health and wellbeing, flexibility, gender inclusion, corporate responsibility and environmental sustainability, and our People and Culture Manager is always available to ensure our staff are looked after.
- Flexibility to work wherever you want.
- Competitive remuneration tailored to the value you offer our business. Longer term incentives are available for staff who truly offer long term value to our business.
Please apply to email@example.com with updated resume and your portfolio. Our HR Team will be in touch regarding your application.
We look forward to hearing from you!