Lead Product Developer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Developer to join our Product Development and Solution Implementation team for District Content Management (DCM).
We are looking for someone who lives and breathes sound technical design and development, who understands that building a great product is an ongoing iterative process based on solid technical foundations.
Who are you?
You’re a PHP Developer with significant experience in Drupal or Laravel, who is now looking for a new challenge in an early-stage, fast-growing product-based SaaS business. You’re a technically focused individual, who is geared to drive quality and functionality. You have a collaborative and teams-based approach, and as lead of a team of talented developers, you’ll be passionate about helping others to learn and grow their craft.
What skillset we are looking for?
- Solid knowledge of SQL databases, HTML5, Linux CLI, REST APIs and Git
- Experience in product-based development, ideally on a SaaS based offering
- Management and mentorship of a development team
- Experience working with product managers or product owners to develop the technical architecture at the product and feature levels
- Experience presenting to technical customer stakeholders, demonstrating ability to align proposed approach with customer needs
- Regular contributions and involvement with open source projects on Github, Drupal, Stackoverflow or similar social accounts
Experience we’re looking for in this role
- Technical design and architecture at the product and feature level based on an existing product code base
- Demonstrate an understanding and practical experience of test-driven development
- Expert level knowledge in an area of PHP and Drupal
- An overview of previous roles and responsibilities to demonstrate your level of experience and capability
- Demonstrated experience of technical leadership and mentorship of a team of developers
- Proven experience working collaboratively in a product management team environment.
What we can offer you
- A genuine opportunity to design and develop a set of products and features that promote positive social impact and community engagement. Our engagement platform is committed to improving the government's ability to engage with communities, giving a voice to those who would otherwise not be heard as a driver to real social change.
- A diverse and inclusive team of experts who you can rely on and trust implicitly to deliver enterprise-grade products.
- Mature well established HR support for all members of our team, both employees and contractors. We have well established policies genuinely protecting and promoting diversity, inclusion, mental health and wellbeing, flexibility, gender inclusion, corporate responsibility and environmental sustainability, and our People and Culture Manager is always available to ensure our staff are looked after.
How do you apply?
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and our HR Team will be in touch.
We look forward to hearing from you!