District has an exciting opportunity for an experienced PHP Developer to join our product development and solution implementation team (District CMS). We have offices in Melbourne, Canberra and Perth, and this role can be fully remote, onsite or a combination of both, whichever suits you best.
Your skills will be commensurate with what one would expect of a Senior PHP Developer with experience in Laravel and/or Drupal. Your style will be collaborative, and team based, technically focused, geared to drive quality and functionality in an early stage fast growing SaaS business.
We are looking for an individual who lives and breathes sound technical design and development and shares the notion that building a great product is an ongoing iterative process based on a solid technical foundation. You will be joining an existing tight knit team of talented developers scattered across most major Australian capital cities.
So, what are we looking for? Let’s keep its simple:
- Solid knowledge of SQL databases, HTML5, Linux CLI, REST APIs and Git.
- Experience in product-based development, ideally on a SaaS based offering.
- Regular contributions and involvement with projects on Github, Drupal, Stackoverflow or similar social accounts.
- Docker experience, or ability to demonstrate similar knowledge and experience derived from maintaining your own blog, website or project.
- Technical design/architecture at the feature level based on an existing product code base.
- Demonstrate an understanding and practical experience of test-driven development.
- Expert level knowledge in an area of PHP, Laravel or Drupal.
- An overview of previous roles and responsibilities to demonstrate your level of experience and capability.
- Demonstrated experience of technical leadership and mentorship of a team of developers.
What we can offer you:
- A genuine opportunity to design and develop a set of products that promote positive social impact and community engagement. Our engagement platform infinitely improves government's ability to engage with the community, which means giving a voice to those who would otherwise not be heard. Policies can then be tailored to suit the needs of our community far better, which we believe drives real social change.
- A diverse and inclusive team of experts who you can rely on and trust implicitly to deliver enterprise grade products.
- Mature well established HR support for all members of our team, both employees and contractors. We have well established policies genuinely protecting and promoting diversity, inclusion, mental health and wellbeing, flexibility, gender inclusion, corporate responsibility and environmental sustainability, and our People and Culture Manager is always available to ensure our staff are looked after.
- Flexibility to work wherever you want.
- Competitive remuneration tailored to the value you offer our business. Longer term incentives are available for staff who truly offer long term value to our business.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with an updated resume and our HR Team will be in touch regarding your application.
We look forward to hearing from you!